The Senior Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the development and support of automation applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the creation of all project level automation test plans, detailed test plan, or phase level plans such as component, system integration or user acceptance test plan; drives the testing phase, ensuring QA/test staff execute effectively and adhere to all processes and standards
- Partner with development to compare their code with the test automation code to ensure both will interact efficiently together
- Responsible and accountable for one or more of the major components of the test automation framework; including the design, development, delivery, maintenance and evolution of these components, i.e. mocking of web services, a metrics dashboard, development of a standardized development environment, and development of non-functional test capabilities (such as performance and security within our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline)
- Conduct QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action, often assisting more junior staff identify defects in more challenging situations, including review of broken scripts for suites and resolve/fix them
- Define and manage plans to mitigate risk I.e. identifying vulnerabilities in automated testing
- Develop and maintain test scripts to ensure it meets requirements
- Lead test reviews (e.g. test case review), signoff on test cases and recommend process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies
- Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality
- Recommend automation process improvements to management to provide operational efficiencies
- Commit to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management
- Make modifications to automation jobs and schedules for jobs in non-production environment
- 5+ years of experience in software test engineering.
- Industry expertise of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Hands-on experience with testing REST services.
- Hands-on experience with testing web applications.
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience of test automation and test automation tools is a big plus.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver or a similar tool is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.